It feels as though it’s been a long time coming, but the winter weather is over at last. We’re now into the hotter weather, and I’m so glad! The days are longer, and the weather is so nice I’ve been able to get out and have fun getting used to my new bike! It’s an upright cruiser model, and it’s been a huge improvement over my last bike, which unfortunately got crushed during that car accident I mentioned on the blog awhile back. It’s been such good weather that I’ve managed to get out and take a few little rides all last week, and one this weekend. I’m still working up my stamina, and there was a near miss involving a magpie too, but so far it’s been a lot of fun.
But the heat also means needing snacks that help to keep us cool! I have an old ice-block set, so all I needed to do was find some good recipes. When I stumbled across this one, I knew it would fresh and delicious. The main ingredients are coconut milk, and strawberries, a delicious combination. It looked really nice, and so I gave it a go.
It was lovely to be able to go to the freezer and be able to pull one of these out on a hot night. I definitely recommend giving them a go!
Strawberries and Cream Popsicles
Serves: 12, Prep: 10 – 15 mins, + freezing overnight
- 3 cups strawberries
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp honey
- Puree the strawberries in a blender or food processor. Add 1 tablespoon of honey and blend until combined. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the coconut milk, vanilla and remaining honey.
- Alternate between pouring the strawberry puree, and the coconut milk into your ice-block moulds, or plastic cups, then pop them into the freezer.
- Freeze for 5-8 hours, or overnight.
- To loosen from moulds, run them under hot water for a few moments.