It sometimes happens that one amazing thing will strike you – take you completely by surprise, and absolutely make your day, your week – or even your month! For me that incredible thing was getting a notification that I have been nominated – by the amazing Fae from Fae’s Twist and Tango – for the Liebster Award. Fae is an incredible cook whose skills are to be admired. She is also widely travelled, a dedicated mother and has a continuing passion for food that is second to none. She also happens to be a great fan of that dance of passion – the Argentine Tango! I want to thank her for nominating me for this great award!
So, the rules of the award are this:
- Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Acknowledge the blogger on your blog and link back.
- Answer the ten questions proposed by the blogger who nominated you.
- Select 3-5 bloggers and nominate them yourself for this award.
- Pose ten new questions to these above nominees.
- Copy and paste the award on your blog somewhere.
I have already done numbers one and two – but how about number 3?
Here are the questions posed – and here are my answers.
1. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? An actress/writer.
2. What is your dream career? A chef/author – or both.
3. If money were no object, where would you live and why? One of the five villages in cinque terre, Italy, because it felt so right to be there.
4. What is the place you most want to visit? I want to visit the most ancient and unknown parts of china.
5. What is your favorite meal? Dessert? All of them!
6. What historical figure do you think made the greatest contribution to the world? I know so little about global history versus history of specific countries that I couldn’t say, 😦
7. What person currently living do you think is making the greatest contribution to the world? In this case I honestly couldn’t say because we won’t know the impact of actions taken now until all is said and done.
8. If you had magical power and could solve one global problem, what would it be? Violence, sexual or otherwise, against women.
9. Who are three of your favorite artists? I don’t actually have favourite artists – musical or otherwise, I always change my mind.
10. If you were to give a speech on any topic, what would it be? It would definitely be on the culinary history of Italy!
And of course the next five bloggers I choose to nominate are – drumroll please!
Donna of Fructose Free Me – Because I respect a blog about health and food! Especially one as delicious as hers.
Judy of petit4chocolatier – Because her skill with decorating her dishes simply can’t be ignored.
Andrew from Grub Blog – Because the moment I saw the mains on his blog my mouth watered!
Kellie from Kellie’s Food to Glow – Because she has a great variety of healthy and easy recipes I like!
Sheryl from Mama’s Gotta Bake – Because both her food and her photography are stunning!
Now onto my questions.
- If you had a superpower what would it be?
- If you were an animal what would you be?
- Blue , Yellow, Pink, or Green?
- Chocolate, Vanilla, Cinnamon or Ginger?
- What is your favourite cuisine and why?
- What style of music best describes your personality?
- If you could only take three cooking implements with you on a trip, including pots and pans, what would you take?
- Spicy, savoury or sweet?
- When did you first start cooking and with who?
- What is your favourite pastime outside of cooking?