I was so excited last night I could hardly sleep, because I was determined to get up in the morning and create my very own shortbread recipe from scratch. It is the first in a series of several original recipes I want to do – including a special recipe for christmas and christmas presents, so naturally I was hoping it would be a winner. I did some research, investigated the base ingredients and looked up all sorts of flavour possibilities, but I already knew from experience one combination that would be delicious. It was white chocolate and macadamias. So I leapt out of bed this morning, rushed out to get the ingredients and put them together with baited breath. I put my shortbreads in the oven and waited eagerly for them to cook. Only ten minutes later delicious buttery shortbread biscuits came out! It was a success!
White Chocolate and Macadamia Shortbread Biscuits
Makes: 20 , Prep: 5 mins, Cook: 10 mins
- 150g unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup caster sugar (feel free to add more if you have a big sweet tooth)
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips (feel free to add more or less)
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts – unsalted and halved.
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine butter and sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Sift in flour and stir/knead until combined.
- Add in chocolate chips (and macadamias if you want them mixed through).
- Place on tray and flatten slightly with a fork (option to add nuts here on top)
- Cook for about 10 minutes or until lightly browned on the bottom.
- Turn out onto a wire rack to cool and dust with icing sugar.